Friday, September 21, 2012

Moving the Hobby Cave - The Hobby Cave MkII

Yikes, has it really been almost two months since I last posted?  Yes, yes it has.  It's been even longer since I put brush to model.  Bummer.

Settling into my new digs, a new social situation and, more importantly, my new job has been a bit more time consuming than I could have guessed.  Great for me in a personal sense overall, but my hobbies and my blogging have taken a hit.  Worth it to be out of Wretched Connecticut, though. 

I did, however, get a fair amount of  Hobby Cave unpacking done (under the guise of helping Special Lady Friend empty out some moving boxes) and even managed to buy the furniture I'll need to upgrade fully to the MkII version.


I also got to hang the Guinness sign that's been in storage for the last 4 years.


The past 8 weeks have been a kind of a blur of unpacking, getting settled in, plugging back into a social life and trying to hit the ground running at work.  Not a whole hell of a lot of time for hobby stuff.

But I did sneak some in.  I did my first bit of commission work in over 14 years for Lo and the Dude over at Armored Gopher games.  I had donated an unused, but totally rad set of gaming boards and a smattering of terrain to the Gopher and it turned out to be a crowd favorite.  But only if you could play on a 4x4 surface.  Which, apparently, was harshing the buzz of the 40k players.  Phone calls were made, deals were struck and an additional pair of 2x2 sections where dropped off last week much to everyone's satisfaction.  

With that out of the way and the beginnings of a routine shaping up, I jumped right into a project I've wanted to do for 5 years. 

Last week, I built a gaming table.

Behold its glory! (pretend there's a trumpet fanfare right here)


Really happy with the way it turned out and I can't wait to get some games in on it.

I could probably spend the better part of two more posts detailing the planning, construction, and the hiccups I went through to make this bad boy.  I dunno if I will though.  I didn't take any pictures for one.  For two, I just can't commit to a blogging schedule right now.

The general idea was that I wanted a kind f universal table on top of which separate gaming surfaces will be placed.  You can see my Malifaux board below.  Other than that, I also wanted a storage shelf on the bottom and for the whole thing to be semi portable.  The legs are only bolted on, so I can break it down for (relatively) easy moving.


If any one has any questions about it (or anything else for that matter), shoot me a comment and I'll do my best to answer.

20 comments:

  1. Stacks o' boxes unpacked.
    Guinness sign hangs proudly.
    Job done.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're getting your geek on again Lauby, and that the move back home and the new job are working out so well for you. I'm super chuffed for you both.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for posting amazing articles. These blogs would definitely help us keep posted about new trends in the market.

    Limbo Emulator

    CbseLearner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for posting amazing articles. These blogs would definitely help us keep posted about new trends in the market. Thanks for sharing
    https://www.getmyoffercapitalone.xyz/https://www.mybalancenow.info/https://www.mywmtotalrewards.info/
    Hey, thanks for posting amazing articles. These blogs would definitely help us keep posted about new trends in the market. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete


  5. PSl 2020 is nearly to coming in pakistan in February 20. The most awaited and the Popuplar event that is gonna be start. So Get ready and enjoy all the pakistan super laegaue live streaming, schedule, fixture and the other teams details. You can watch all the match updates and the Online ball by ball updates.

    Psl live streaming 2020

    ReplyDelete
  6. There will be world-class all-rounder, batsmen, bowlers and fielders as participants of Pakistan Super League 2020 5th Edition. Here, get all details related to PSL schedule, teams, cricket venues, points table, tickets, and live streaming partners, etc. psl song
    psl Live Score 2020

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to share with you all here on how I get my loan from Mr Benjamin who help me with loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i apply for the loan when things was getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin grant me loan without delay. here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. On Valentine's day 2021 people will celebrate their love for their partner by sending cards or letters, giving gifts or flowers and arranging meals in restaurants or romantic nights in hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am extremely pleased with Mr Pedro Loan service and your suggestions have helped me get a very good home loan deal. I would be pleased to recommend your services to my friends here looking for a loan.”
    Don't go anywhere else if you are looking for a loan. Mr Pedro is the best. I highly recommend his services. The best I have ever had the pleasure to work with was his low rate loan. ”
    This is Mr Pedro Contact just in case anyone here is looking for a loan.
    Whatsapp: +18632310632. & Email: pedroloanss@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.
    balance transfer

    ReplyDelete