I got some pseudo color modulation done on the figure itself - important but uninteresting. So no pics.
However, I completely killed the base. Once the water effect dries, all I have to do is glue the two halves together and its ready for a Terminator to stand on it.
I started out with the top plate due to time constraints and the noise rules of my apartment complex.
The Massive Voodoo tutorials I linked to yesterday were put to good use:
|this picture is a bit washed out.|
With that done - and most of the need to run my noisy air compressor, I moved onto the bottom. Which I had much less of a plan for. Which is a mixed bag. On the one hand, these kind of one-off projects are great because the result doesn't have to reproducible across an entire army. There's a lot of room to experiment and shoot from the hip. You know, to actually paint.
But there's also this nagging feeling that I need more shooting from the hip practice. I constantly worry about color balance and contrast and so on and so forth. But then again, I need to leave your comfort zones to really learn. I'm overall happy with the result, but there's always that nagging doubt. Looking back, I Probably should have moved further on the model itself before going whole hog on the base.
I guess we'll see what's waht when the model is done.
|The white band is a gluing point.|
At this point, I've already applied the water effect, but I absolutely can't photograph it until its closer to dry. And I may need a second layer. I'll try and get some pics of that for tomorrow.
Lots of progress for this post. Unfortunately, it might be a little slow for the rest of the week as I resume my regular work schedule. I'll try and keep it cool, but we all may just have to suck it in.