Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vindicator #2 and #3 - Day 8

Right-o, progress is still the name of the game as we run headlong into the beginning of week 2 for the second and third Vindicators.  I got home from work with just enough time to complete the last of the paint layers for the base color.  




4 coats of Tamiya Clear Green later and things are looking good.  Now, if you don't remember, the green glazes/filters have a number of important advantages for me:

1) the clear green ties the gradient together.
2) the clear green plays big part in color correction
3) the glossy goodness of the finish gives me a fantabulous base for decals and weathering

Once the Clear Green had been given ample time to dry, I did a little experiment on one of the bits.  I had some legitimate concerns about whether or not all three tanks would be the same color in the end.  I had also been a little sloppy with the Clear Green in places and it had collected and pooled in a few small spots.

So a couple of potential screw ups that needed to be addressed.

To that end, I thought it might be a good idea  to paint up a small part all the way up for a color comparison.  You know, before I made it all the way to the end of a tank and found that something needed to be completely repainted.  Yikes.

Nailed it.
So big time sigh of relief on that one.

The final act for the night was to cut out some masks and get things ready for a pre-work airbrush session.  

You can't see it, but I am terrible at cutting out circles.

2 comments:

  1. Lauby, your dedication and effort you put into these amazes me. Nice work all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dawwwww. Thanks so much, man!

    ReplyDelete