Day 13 was a bit slower paced, but productive never the less. Most of my time being spent on the last of the details. Day 13 was also a weekend day for me so the progress will be in the step by step form that I like, rather than the quick pics and done approach.
|The treads have been washed with Devlen Mud and then some Balck Didi's magic Ink . |
I find that for the tank treads, that the badab black just doesn't do the job.
|I tried a new recipe for the orange lenses this time around and the results are very nice. |
The same effect was achieved with less work. A win for Lauby.
|The headlights and indicators were a breeze now that I have a procedure down.|
|The tracks have been added and then touched up. I think leaving the treads on the sprue is the way to go now that I'm three tanks in with the experiment.|
|Rust and grime streaking on the little bits.|
|A mix of Tamiya Flat Black and Red Brown goes on as the exhaust soot. Love this trick. Sadly, it requires an airbrush for maximum effectiveness.|
|And then we end the day with a tank name. This time after one of Medusa's sisters. A 005 micron marker makes this a breeze. The end result isn't perfect here and I do see a letter or two that needs touching up, but it's more than satisfactory overall. In the past I had been on a purist stance and insisted on hand painting this shit. Duh. The marker is so much easier it really makes me question my own intelligence.|
And there we are. I'm 4 steps from this being done
1) a nice final sealant with some dull coat... that will almost assuredly come out satiny because of the underlying gloss coats.
2) Final chipping/dry brushing with the silver paint
3) a dab of gloss varnish on the lenses and other appropriate areas.
I have a head start on step 1 already, so depending on how things look once I get home, you all may see another finished tanks tomorrow.